Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A night of 'New's

It seems like every time I think that all the new experiences are over another one pops up. Tonight I had 3 of those all in about an hour and a half.
First off I learned how to successfully use my home telephone. Usually I just use my cell phone but a few times, like tonight, it's been out and I've tried using my landline. It's never work until tonight and I finally realized that I was dialing the wrong numbers.
Secondly I made pumpkin puree. Since there aren't many canned items here and pumpkin isn't one of them, there's only one way to made pumpkin usable for cookies, break, muffins, etc. and that is to buy raw pumpkin and cook and puree it yourself. A friend showed me how to do it the other day and today I tried it by myself and miraculously it worked! I will hopefully have Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies very soon!
Thirdly I went to my very first (and probably only) embassy function and shook hands with the Romanian ambassador. One of my good friends was invited to a party given by the embassy for Romanian National day and, since she could take a guest, she invited me to go with her. We went with some other people from school and had a wonderful time! Though I had a little trouble eating lamb because of the way it looked like a cooked baby sheep on the table, the food was wonderful and the evening very enjoyable.
There's always something new in my life these days, and I guess always. Whether learning to make something I've never though of making or settling hilarious arguments of the playground there's never a dull moment in 'everyday' life.
** This picture is of me, dressed for the embassy dinner, with my newly made pumpkin smush.

No comments: