Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Traveling back Part 2

I'll try to sum up the last few events of getting back into probably just this last post. In Atlanta I had to go through customs. Just before landing they showed an instructional video on what would happen and what we needed to do and have ready. I double checked that I had my customs paper and passport and was ready to go. From the plane the herded us to pass port control then onto baggage claim and from there into different lanes. Every one was going down a large hallway but when I got to the lady checking the papers she told me to go into 'line 2' . I prayed and thankfully that line didn't take too long. After being asked over and over again the same question in different forms; "do you have any food?" " Is there any food that you forgot about?" " Are you bringing any food items in with you?", they let me through. Passport control and now to security. I started my routine- jacket off, computer out, bag on the table- when I heard " Shoes off ". What?... Oh yeah.... I turned to the lady behind me, "We're back in America!"

Ok so maybe not the last post but I hope you enjoyed that. Some of you I'm sure can relate. Merry Christmas!
ps sorry for no pictures on these last few but when flying alone I was more worried about getting to the right gate.

No comments: