Saturday, December 5, 2009

Dogs

Ever since I knew I was moving here I had heard about being scared of one thing; the dogs. This city had many wild stray dogs who roams the streets and live in fields and generally terrorize people walking about at night. Since I've been here I've seen them, prayed as they pasted me, but haven't had any trouble at all with them until last night. Last night I was at a friends house watching a movie and making christmas ornaments, We had lots of fun and around 10:45, the two of us who didn't live there, left. Like always we were cautious and on guard for dogs or men and, like always, we planned to walk 1/2 way back together then split up and go our separate ways home. (all of this is not abnormal and happens all the time).
So there were were minding out own business when a huge dog started growling and following us. quickly 3 others started in and they were barking, growling, following us and staring to surround us. I didn't have much time to think but just starting praying and walking as quickly as I could. I'm not even sure if my prayers were making since but I just said them, 'oh Lord, please keep us from theses dogs, God you can calm them just as you calmed the storm.' Looking back I kinda feel like Daniel in the den on lions. Needless to say I didn't go the other 3 blocks to my house but stayed the night with friends. I kept thanking God for his protection and that I wasn't by myself- I think I would have fainted and been eaten.

No comments: