Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Traveling...... Ankara, Munich, Atlanta, Memphis

Around 2:30 am Sunday Morning there were 3 crazy abonci all over Cigdem; taking showers, blow drying hair and making sure the trash was out. I was one of them. I guess in the Christmas spirit I had made my list and checked it, well, 100 times. "Clean out the fridge, Take the trash out, Shower, Double check the house for thing I'd forgotten, Turn the heat off so it wouldn't be on all of Christmas break, and Lock up the house. "
A little after 3 My door bell rang and I let my friend in so she could help me carry the bags containing my life out to the car. We picked up one other girl then were off to the air port into the falling rain. It was almost like a movie. The plane to Munich was fine and even served us breakfast, which was OK. Once In Munich though I had to say good bye to the my last 2 friends from Turkey and I was on my own once again. By the Lords grace and love for me I changed terminals, checked in, went through both pass port control and security twice and got to my gate just as they were boarding first class. Praise the Lord. Since I had been up for 36 hours with only about 2 hours of sleep I slept the whole way to Atlanta save a few times I'd wake up and , finding food before me, I'd eat it, wonder if it was lunch or dinner and go back to sleep. Now I understand even more how babies feel. I think I could handle that life more often.

No comments: