Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Day!

Thanksgiving day was great! It started with sleeping late then getting ready for the day and meeting a friend to catch the dolmus and head to the pazzari. We walked back and kinda got lost (which is not abnormal for me here) but we made it back and thats what matters. In the afternoon I got to talk to my sweet family who woke up early to call me on skype. It was so nice getting to 'see' and talk to them. I did some packing then cooked my pecan pies and went to thanksgiving dinner with a family that I work with over here. It was so much fun seeing everyone and eating and hanging out together. I was so enjoying myself that I had to pull myself away when 8 came to run home before meeting Jenny to catch our bus to Izmir- more on that latte. Even though I did miss football, my family, the Macey's parade and Bubboo's turkey dressing, I throughly enjoyed thanksgiving and wouldn't have traded it for the world. When it comes down to it there's a lot to be thankful for no matter who you're with or what you're eating. Thank you Lord of all my many, many blessings.

No comments: