Monday, November 9, 2009

God's plans are always so much more beautiful than my own

Last weekend I 'made my exit' from the country which I had to do for visa purposes. I believe the closest and safest countries to go to are Greece or Bulgaria (check out a map to see what I mean about the others).  In His sovereignty the Lord paved the way and I was invited to go with some friends on a boat trip to the greek island of Kos. I've decided that if one has to make an exit form the country this sure is a great one!
We took a ferryboat form turkey to greece and made the trip in about an 1 1/2 to 2 hours. The boat was a lot of fun and very relaxing (thanks to my foresight to take Dramamine). We spent our day in greece shopping and walking around. I even got a pork gyro for lunch! 
The Lord knew exactly what I needed, This weekend wasn't what I had expected but it was what I needed, very restful and worshipful. I was able to spend a lot of time getting to know my two roomies for the weekend better and had lots of time for reading,
 looking at the Mediterranean, and napping. It was truly beautiful!

No comments: