Before I left home after Christmas my sisters gave me two New Year's Resolutions. Aren't sisters great? I would have had to come up with my own goals but instead I was given them (no strings attached right?). I've been reminded of 'my' New Year's Resolutions and have been trying to abide by them (sisters' orders). One of them was to proof-read my posts better - ok, thanks.... I get the hint! The second was to blog more, apparently my sisters were having a quality vs quantity battle.
***All joking aside I'm touched that I have sisters, and others, sweet enough to want to read my posts and want to get more frequent updates of my daily life. I really do feel their love. ***
In light of the above here's a somewhat whinny/boring/mundane post about my day.
This week is the first full week back to school after almost 3 weeks off! Last week was basically a wash as two of the intended three days of school were canceled due to snow. I'm been surprised by how quickly I got out of my routines and how hard it has been to get back into them. My stamina seems to be completely gone as I struggle to get through the day and find myself wishing I too could lay down and take a nap alongside my students during rest-time!
Today wasn't a 'bad day' but wasn't easy either. In addition to indoor recesses (not one of my favorite things), due to the melting snow, I sent two students to the nurse after they failed my 'acid test' to see if they really didn't feel good. "Do you think you could just play at recess (or 'eat you're snack') then we'll see about going to the office." When recess or snack is denied and they choose instead to sit quietly, I know there must be a problem. One of the 'sickies' was so sweet and cuddly I almost didn't want to send her home. I wished that I could call off the day and we could all curl up and read together instead of worrying about writing letters and remembering how to measure things.
I really do love being back and really did miss my students but we're all ready for the weekend and it's only Tuesday night!
No comments:
Post a Comment