When the bell rang I only had 3 of my expected 10 students. Within the first 30 minutes two others showed up with excused tardy slips due to the snow and ice. It was nice to have such a small class as I wasn't fully prepared and had to keep reminding myself I've actually taught before! Two weeks off and I feel like I did the first day of school!
The end of the day finished with the flustered packing up that usually occurs. Everything seems to happen in the last 3 minutes before the bell rings. As I handed out stickers, helped find mittens and zip coats and put on boots, one of my students came up to show me a very wiggly tooth. I looked at it and told her she could probably pull it when she got home. 'But, can you pull it now?' Now? while the bell is ringing and everyone's ready to go? now, while parents are waiting and coats need zipping? But I caved. My students are so cute I sometimes have trouble saying 'no' to their little requests. I reached in her mouth and plucked it out. The holey smile I got afterwards was worth millions.
Welcome back to school!
This morning, Friday, I woke up and began to get ready for school. After reading my devotion for today I decided to quickly check my emails. It turns out that I'd gone to bed too early and missed an email, sent last night, announcing that school was closed due to cold temperatures (the temperatures is in the single digits for most of the morning) and icy roads. Yay!! Snow day part two! I believe this calls for Pumpkin pie oatmeal with real pecans!



1 comment:
Have a Iovely day sweet missy!
Post a Comment