Monday, January 19, 2015

Here Comes the Sun!

This afternoon as I walked home from school I began to feel different, I looked up and realized the sun was out! We haven't had much sun for a while now and it instantly made me happy. I had an extra spring in my step as I walked home in the cold. I had been talking to God, giving him my worries and cares and asking him for his peace. The sunshine felt like warm hug of love and reassurance (too cheesy? sorry, I'm feeling poetic).
When I got home I dance around the kitchen to The Beatles while making a Magic cake for a friend's birthday. Life isn't always good on the outside but when you know the one who's keeping the world in motion and is above and beyond anything that could ever happen, there's a point to which I come and see that even when there're problems, trials, and worries in a day He's bigger and in complete control!
To those of you who think I'm already overly chipper, well, I cant really apologize. Between the sun, the Lord, and pre-reading a children's version of Pollyanna I might be rather obnoxious to some of you. I will try to keep my cheeriness to a minimum in your presence.
ps
No pictures as the sun was almost blinding as I walked towards it home.

No comments: