This weekend I went home just for fun. It was so nice to get away and be with my family and away from all things related to school. Already this semester has been rather draining and I'm emotionally exhausted and I feel like I haven't seen my family in ages! Thankfully it wasn't a super busy weekend for anyone and we were able to all be together and enjoy each other's company. I got to see one of my sisters swim in her last swim meet, cook a turkish meal with my mom, try a recipe I've been saving, and take a nap on the couch! It's the little things that make me so happy to be able to check out of the drama and stresses of school and go back to normal house, not dorm, living. Where there're (mostly) matching glass cups in the cabinet and a real stove in the kitchen. I'm so blessed!!!
Sunday, January 29, 2012
Weekend Away
This weekend I went home just for fun. It was so nice to get away and be with my family and away from all things related to school. Already this semester has been rather draining and I'm emotionally exhausted and I feel like I haven't seen my family in ages! Thankfully it wasn't a super busy weekend for anyone and we were able to all be together and enjoy each other's company. I got to see one of my sisters swim in her last swim meet, cook a turkish meal with my mom, try a recipe I've been saving, and take a nap on the couch! It's the little things that make me so happy to be able to check out of the drama and stresses of school and go back to normal house, not dorm, living. Where there're (mostly) matching glass cups in the cabinet and a real stove in the kitchen. I'm so blessed!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is a gorgeous pic. Your parents must be so proud of all of you!!! What Turkish meal did you make? dying to know!
Thanks Sara! Mom and I made Borek, Hummus, and Falafels. It was great!
Post a Comment