Sunday, January 22, 2012

Getting things back in order

I'm taking a break from posts about Ukraine, but I'll try to get back to telling about the rest of the trip soon.
Right now It's almost 1 am and I just remembered why it is I can't seem to fall asleep after 2 hours of laying in bed. I hate caffeine... Anyways, as I was having some quiet me-and-God-time, I began to sing to myself my song.
I guess when we were born, I'm not sure when, my mom gave each of us a song. She'd sing it to us when going to bed or when we were sad. My song is "Have thine own way Lord". It's not a very popular song but it's a good one.
Have thine own way, Lord! Have thine own way.
Thou art the potter, I am the clay
Mold me and make me, after thy will
While I am waiting, yielded and still.
I've heard and sang those words so many times but tonight I saw a new side of them. "Thou art the potter, I am the clay" So many times we get that so wrong. God's not the clay like we so often like to pretend. We like to mold him into the god we want. The one that's comfortable and much like santa. We like to mold him into the god that serves us and doesn't ask much so that we aren't guilty. We put our molded piece of clay god up on the shelf and only use him when need be. But usually we end up helping him. Helping him when he needs reminding of our desires or needs assistance in delivering on a promise. This is so wrong though.
"Thou (God) art the potter, I AM THE CLAY" If there's any molding going on the mighty, awesome, all powerful, Lord, savior, and creator of the universe is going to be doing it on us, not the other way round. God isn't molded into our 'god box', we are molded into who He wants us to be. He, the real, and only, God of the universe, cannot fit into our box, or our shelf, or even in our house! He is the potter and we are the dirt and water clay in his hands that he, for reasons I cannot even fathom, loves enough to mold into something beautiful.
Praise Him!
I used to skip over those first lines in my head thinking they were rather repetitive, 'Duh he's the potter, I'm the clay' but so much of the time I tried to reverse the roles. God is God and always will be, as he's always been. Me, on the other hand, praise the Lord He's willing to mold me as to his perfect plan! Praise Him!

No comments: