Leaving brought back so many memories of the time I left for Turkey. Though I kept reminding myself it was only for 10 days, I still felt rather apprehensive when I zipped up my bag and grabbed my passport. Thankfully the Lord helped me to calm down and enjoy the ride.
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Leaving for Ukraine
About Christmas eve I realized I was leaving for Ukraine in less than a week! That started me thinking about all I needed to do before going back to school (since I left for school a day after I returned from Ukraine); pack, find a summer job, hang out with friends. Sadly that last one didn't materialize. After a short time of stressing out I make a long list and got things done, and two days after Christmas I headed to the airport.
Leaving brought back so many memories of the time I left for Turkey. Though I kept reminding myself it was only for 10 days, I still felt rather apprehensive when I zipped up my bag and grabbed my passport. Thankfully the Lord helped me to calm down and enjoy the ride.
Originally I planed to travel over with a friend from my church who was going over for the same project, teaching English for a week long project called Yazik. A close friend of mine from growing up is living over there for a year working with the organizers of the project. The plan was to meet him once we got there but he surprised everyone by showing up for Christmas in Memphis. The Lord worked it out that he was one two of the flights with us. I felt so blessed as I traveled from plane to plane knowing that the two guys with me knew what they were doing and were going to watch out for me. During the week I don't think I had to hardly open a door or carry a bag. I just double checked every now and then to make sure we were together and tried to be as helpful as possible. I pray that I was even half the blessing to them that they were to me.
Leaving brought back so many memories of the time I left for Turkey. Though I kept reminding myself it was only for 10 days, I still felt rather apprehensive when I zipped up my bag and grabbed my passport. Thankfully the Lord helped me to calm down and enjoy the ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment