Thankfully the travel to Ukraine wasn't bad. Apart from being pat down in Warsaw and and having to wait until ten minutes before we were supposed to take off before someone came to the desk so that we could get our boarding passes, it was mostly uneventful. It was neat to see how the Lord worked everything out down to the smallest conveniences. For instance, When we boarded the longest of our three flights, Chicago to Warsaw, Poland, we realized the three of us would be about ten rows apart. Also once I got to my seat, i was in the middle of three seats between an older man and a tall guy about my age. Normally I don't mind middle seats or sitting by strangers but I was looking forward to sleeping on the flight and it would be pretty difficult to do between those two. A few minutes later Jordan came back and nicely asked the two if one of them would mind switching seats with him. Neither of them were too ready to switch because they both had aisle seats and Jordan's was a window seat. About when I was ready to give up and deal with it, this nice guy across the row offered to switch to Jordan's seat and give the older man his seat. I felt bad to have caused such a stir but very thankful to be able to seat near a friend. I felt that that time was such a blessing. It wasn't necessary but just an added bonus to make the 8 1/2 hour plan ride a lot better.
* The photo was taken on the way back but I don't like non-photoed posts and the city seen below is Warsaw, Poland.
No comments:
Post a Comment