Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas Day

Wow, Where to begin? Since my last post many things have happened that I want to write about but I'll try to go in a somewhat chronological order. Just as a teaser for what's to come, I left for a 10 day trip to Ukraine two days after Christmas. But I'll try to stick to the order I was going before.
Christmas day was quieter than usual. In years past we've had my dad's side of the family over for lunch but since that side's getting busier and there's now a baby involved we celebrated with then a few days before (I think I already said that but it's been a while). Instead of hosting family or friends we enjoyed a relaxing morning and Christmas dinner just the seven of us. As we sat there eating a minor family favorite meal of chicken, rice, and peas, we realized it was the first family meal we'd had together since everyone was back in Memphis. To some that wouldn't be strange but for us, we're used to nightly family dinners. It was so nice to be back together again. That afternoon we visited my grandparents and went to a movie, Tin Tin! Growing up reading the Tin Tin comics and listening to the stories, it was really fun to see the movie. And, as a bonus, we saw it in 3-D.
I'd never seen a movie in 3-D and I'm still not convinced it's any better but it was fun- even if we did act like a crazy family that never got out. We completed the evening with a trip downtown to see the Peabody hotel all decorated for Christmas!

No comments: