Sunday, November 30, 2014

International Market

Today a  couple of friends and I went to an international market going on right now in our city. It was really neat to wonder through the seemingly unending aisle of booths with items from all over the world! Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures but saw some beautiful things from Ghana, Kazakstan, India, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Kenya, and even a booth of Native American items run my two Jamaican men wearing 'USA' caps.
One funny story was when I stopped to look at a dress the man working the booth happily got it down for me, choosing the size he thought I'd wear. I thought for a bit and held it up to see how long it would be one me. He assured me it was the correct size saying that he 'owns a bikini shop in Antalya and know what size women wear' as it's 'his job' (Creepy!!!). As he was putting the dress in a bag he asked if my husband was with me. After his earlier comment I said yes then when he asked his occupation I said he works at a bank. I quickly got my things and moved along before he would say another word. At the next both I found my friend who had had to leave during our brief conversation because she was about to laugh at my ridiculous story.
Overall it was an excellent way to spend a rainy afternoon!

No comments: