During 'free-reading' time I looked over to see a little girl, we'll call her S, on the verge of tears (S often looks like she's debating whether or not to cry, it's pretty hilarious to watch). I quickly intervened and asked what happened.
K: "It was an accident!" (Oh great, this is never easy...)
Me: Ok, it may have been an accident but what did you do? Why is she upset?
S: 'She...She...." (English is still not great in tense situations)
K: "I hot-chewed on her, but not on purpose!"
Me: "you what?!?" (this was a new one for me, what the heck was she trying to say?)
I looked back to S, K repeated her explanation, I still looked confused "What is 'hot-chewing'?". It wasn't clicking.
Finally K gave an example of what she did; "ahhh, ahhh, ahhchoooo! (insert sneeze sound here).
Oh.... Gotcha... You sneezed on her..... I gave S a wet-wipe and tried not to smile (until they went to recess).
No comments:
Post a Comment