Thursday, November 27, 2014

First Snow


It started off like any normal day; I woke up, had my quiet time then went to the kitchen to make breakfast. There's a large window in my kitchen that looks out to a glassed in balcony. After making breakfast and packing my lunch I happened to glance out the window and was amazed by what I saw. 

The neighborhood seemed to have been transformed into a wonderland! The trees, fences, and cars had a frosting of snow and it was coming down hard; blowing around and looking very much like I was inside a snow-globe. I couldn't believe that I'd missed it as I stood in the kitchen cooking oatmeal and fixing tea. 
After few minutes of running around my house like a happy puppy, I got ready for school and happily walked to school in the snow to exchanged exciting, happy 'It's SNOWING!!' chatter with my friends. My students were overjoyed with it and matched my excitement, I quickly found Ezra Jack Keat's Snowy Day to read to them. 
The snow didn't last very long but was like a magical blessing thrown in to brighten our day and make us smile. 

No comments: