After our relaxing evening we woke up ready to explore the city and see the sights. We ate a wonderful breakfast at the hotel (sausage, ham, and other things I haven't eaten in a while.) then went to meet for the free walking tour we'd found online. It was really cool! The guide was adorable and very knowledgeable.
She took us to the oldest church in the city (from 17 something) and the church members had brought a special pudding dish to share with people. They offered our group some and R and I tried it. It was really good!
We walked around the city for almost 3 hours as she told us history about Bucharest and how the different buildings we saw related to that. It's a fascinating history that I'm embarrassed I don't know more about. By the end of the tour we were both freezing.
We walked back to the old part of town to find something hot to drink but stopped by H&M on our way. I bought a hat and felt much better. When I checked the weather, while packing, it hadn't registered just how cold high 40s/low 50s would feel when you were out in it all day!
No comments:
Post a Comment