Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Still Worth It

Today it was much warmer than it'd been the past two weeks but it's been wet and dreary the past few days. It's rained off and on and everything's been pretty soggy, however when it came to decided if we'd have indoor or outdoor recess my co-recess-duty friend (the first grade teacher) and I both said if there's any way we'd like to be outside. I didn't feel great and couldn't take the noise of indoor recess and First grade had had a double birthday during snack (22 7-year-olds +big pieces of cake +birthday excitement = outdoor recess is a must!).
Over all the kids did pretty well staying out off the ground and we only had a few complaints of wet clothing. I didn't worry much about it, it wasn't too cold, no one would have any ill-effects from being a little wet.
One of my students came up to tell me A, another student, had fallen down and gotten wet. "He'll be fine, you'll all dry out soon." I told them confidently. I glanced over to make sure A wasn't hurt, he wasn't but on second glance I noticed he was dripping! Poor guy had found the one puddle on the basketball court and fallen right into it. Thankfully in Kindergarten you have an extra set of clothing 'just in case'.
Even though I may have missed some of our math lesson finding dry clothes and bagging up the wet ones (I probably should have wrung them out first!) it was still totally worth those 20 minutes outside.

No comments: