My students are hilarious. Part of it is because of the fact they're five and, I think, particially I have a few 'youngests' in my room, they always seem to be funnier and sillier than oldests (and of course middles are perfect ;))
Each month the school holds an emergency drill. It's a good reminder to talk to the students about what to do in certain situations and practice how to react. This month we had a bomb-drill. I'd 'happened' to talk about drills the day before and reviewed what to do in case of fire, earthquake, intruders/'bad people', and bomb threats. When I got word of the drill happening I quickly lined up my students and headed out of the school to our designated spot. My students did great and didn't seem very phased by it. We debriefed afterwards and talked about how we didn't need to be scared about this but we just need to practice so we'll know what to do if anything ever happened.
Later that afternoon K told me she wasn't scared of the 'Bomb-fire-drill' (I'd mentioned that bomb drills were like fire drills; no talking, follow immediately, etc.). K continued "I'm not scared of Bomb-fires at all! One time I saw a really big bomb-fire when were were camping, it wasn't scary but really fun!"
Sweet thing had gotten it mixed up with a bon-fire. I guess she wondered why there would ever be a bonfire at school and if there was why we'd all leave so quickly!
1 comment:
made me lol
Post a Comment