Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ice storm part two

Friday night as I was playing Apples to Apples with my sisters and a house guest, the power went off. We all just kinda froze and then saw large blue flashes out the window. Turns out a limb fell on a power line or something and one of the poles fell blowing out the electricity in my neighborhood. Well I grabbed my phone, being my only partial light source and the security of a good friend I was texting at the time, but almost as if on que for the next thing to happen, my phone made that sad little noise it does when its about to 'die'.... "Great!" I thought, " I hate the dark and now my phone'll be out and I wont even have it for light or comfort!" Its crazy how quickly I get so attached to things. Just a month ago I was forgetting to charge my phone, leaving it at home, etc. and now I act like I cant live an hour without it! With candles My sister and I made our way up to our room being thankful we were together.
Through out the whole weekend I couldn't help but see the Lord's hand at work. True my phone did die, true I was cold and in the dark, true it was out for a while. But through it all HE was there. I wasn't alone, physically or emotionally, I had Betsy and the Lord. I was protected my all the falling branches and breaking ice.
My God doesn't slumber or sleep. Praise the Lord!

No comments: