
Saturday morning Betsy, Mom and I went on a early morning walk to see what the neighborhood looked like covered in ice. Unfortunately the power hadn't magically come back as I had hoped but we bundled up and headed out. It was a really pretty walk with everything covered in think layers of ice. We tried to slide some and it worked in places. As we walked we saw lots of fallen branches and, in 3 places, fully uprooted trees! Thankfully our trees were mostly fine and even gave us some extra firewood. Even though the whole day stayed below freezing the sun did come out and took away most of the ice. By sunday everyone was out and about, even with the canceling of church.
Sorry I haven't put many pictures up until now but here's some. Unfortunately pictures just don't capture ice storms very well.


No comments:
Post a Comment