When we got home it was starting to freeze up. Everything was covered in a layer of ice. While reading with my family that night we heard a loud crack. We ran to the window in time to see a pretty large, use to be alive, branch fall from the tree. Another few minutes and another branch fell, then another! I prayed for the safety of us, the house, and my little car sitting under a tree in the driveway, and we continued with our night. That is until 11 when the power went out. More the come on that soon.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Ice storm part one
Friday morning was wonderful; Laying in bed, knowing that I didn't have to go to school today because it was canceled for the possibility of ' wintery weather', I was a happy girl. I rolled out of bed and headed down to breakfast with my mom and sisters and just relaxed. All the while snow was falling. We kept with most of our plans; showing a friend who was in town for the weekend, the river and downtown, went to lunch, and around 2:30 the snow stopped and it stated raining... 'Oh well.. at least I got out of school for this!' Throughout the day it got colder and colder. I ran to hobby lobby to stock up on yarn and ran by the movie rental store for some movies with my sister.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment