Me; 'its been so long since I had this stuff B!'
Sister; ' Its only been 3 or 4 weeks, Missy '
Me; Yes! thats the point!
anyways.. I'm not sure if she got it but I was too excited to really care much. I made ;Turkish Salad ( though I'm sure I left stuff out and people all took some and but it on their plate :0 I
kinda knew they would), Ekmek, which was good though not really like what I had in Turkey.
Börek, which no one could pronounce but I think enjoyed, Kiremitte Tavuk ( minus the clay pots). And, since no meal's complete with out it, Çay served with Baklava.
To see those full blooded american boys drinking hot tea out of little cups that look like vases was rather humorous but all 5 of them drank it up. Like I said, it didn't taste just like in turkey but it sure was a nice reminded of the place and people I love so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment