Thursday, January 21, 2010

God's gift for my day today.

Thursday's are my longest day of classes. Starting with a 9:40 class ending with one that lets our 10 till 5! This morning just didn't start out very well and kinda went from bad to worse with the help of; having to speak in front of my class in spanish,spending 30 minutes looking for a parking place, getting a parking ticket, trying to pay the ticket, .... yada yada yada... My the time I left the office trying to pay it I was sobbing. I texted my friend and told him I wished I were in Turkey because my day would be over and I could go to bed. But no, it was only 11 am.
As I sat in my car eating lunch and trying to throw myself a pity party, blessings kept popping in my head. ' not now, I'm mad and want to be mad at the moment' but over and over I kept thinking of things that I had to be thankful for. Also I could since God was reminding me that this day really does have a purpose and that if I would just open my eyes I'd see what he had for me in this day. When lab started ( the first one I'v had this year) I realized one of the little gifts God had put in my day for me. My Lab teacher's Turkish! I was so happy that even the fact that we got out over an hour early didn't trump it.
Thank you Lord for giving me the little blessings in my days that make me open my eyes and see your glory.

No comments: