Monday, June 8, 2015

Kindergarten Graduation


I'll admit I was more than a bit sentimental as I walked into school day. The last day to see these little slipper lined up, the last day I'd have my students for a (simi-) normal day. I've learned so much this year and love these little ones more than I thought I could.
Today 'my children' graduated from Kindergarten. After lots of practicing and excitement for that big long word on the wall the day was finally here. They donned their caps and climbed on stage. I was so proud of them. The program consisted of the alphabet, counting to 100 by 5's, a poem about growing up (ending with the line ' But now I am 6!! I'm as clever as clever, I think I'll be 6 now forever and ever!'), and two of our favorite songs; the hippopotamus song and the baby bumblebee song.
All too soon it was time for me to hand out diplomas and helped them off stage. Then it was back to our room to show parents around and eat these beautiful cookies!

No comments: