Monday, June 1, 2015

Birthday Everyday pt 1: Sunday

I almost feel like I've fallen into a variation of the story Christmas Every day, but so far I'm not sick of it ;) Sunday was my actual birthday and I woke to find a sweet gift from my roommate left where I'd be sure to see it before leaving for church. When I thought about it in the morning, before leaving my house, I'll be honest it made me a bit homesick. Because of when my birthday falls I've always been at home for it so this was the first year I was away from my family.
Sadly I didn't get a photo Sunday, but here're some of the same people last fall in Antayla
Very soon I was reminded of the wonderful 'family' community I have here and how blessed I am to have so many people who love me. After church some friends and I went to our usual Sunday Lunch restaurant. As we were the only customers at the time, my friends sang 'Happy Birthday' to be in 7 different languages! As they did another group of friends came and sat behind us. They wished me well and added 3 more languages to my list. I guess international birthdays can be pretty fun after all.

No comments: