Yesterday we had a day off of school in honor of Youth and Sports day. A family at school invited me to join them on a day trip to a town about 1.5 hours away. Before leaving I was warned that "this might be cool or really boring, I haven't found anyone who's even been here'. I decided to try anyway.
Our first stop was a 'Bird Heaven'. It was really beautiful with tons of birds flying back and forth, I think I could have watched them for hours. We walked around and the boys climbed on the rocks. Turkey is a great place for children, there are lots of rocks and ruins to climb on and no one to tell you no! I wish I could have captured the whole experience here; the feel of the warm sun and cool breeze, the sound of the birds, and the sight of all those birds fly back and forth across the blue sky. It was lovely.
Our second stop was not quite as nice as the small town of Nallihan didn't have quite as much to offer as the reviews had said. The craft center was closed and the cultural center didn't have a lot to see. However, we looked at what there was to see and had a picnic lunch at a local park.
After lunch we loaded back into the van and drove up into the mountains and hiked. it was a little slow going at times because the rocks were so fragile and the dust was slippery but it views were amazing.
It was very hot so we soon ran out of water and decided to turn back. Before we did one of the boys decided to see what was on the other side of the hill and discovered a stream! We quickly rolled up pant legs, took off our shoes, and wadded in. It felt so good!
I live in a beautiful country and love getting to explore more of it!






No comments:
Post a Comment