Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day pt 2

Valentine's day is kind of a big deal here. A couple of weeks ago the malls decorated with red hearts, balloons, and sparkles on everything. I'd thought that maybe when the Valentine's decorations went up the Christmas/New-years ones would come down, but no. Apparently it's just 'the more the merrier!' attitude around here. A few of the Christmas trees have been removed but the red and gold ornaments and lights are still decorating the escalators and ceilings.
Cheesy decorations call for cheesy pictures :)
Friday night lots of the teachers got together for a Valentine's spaghetti party. It was so much fun hanging out and kicking back together after a busy week at school. We ate, laughed, and played games. At one point someone asked what time it was, everyone guess it must be at least 10, we looked at it was 8:30! When we finally finished out last game we left, laughing and a bit delirious. When I got home I was shocked that it was not even 10 o'clock!! When did we get so old and tired?!?! I guess a day full of Valentine's excitement with my students was more exhausting than I'd thought!
I saw these puppies sleeping in a pile as I walked to the mall today.
They, and the stump, looked like hearts. 

No comments: