I sometimes wish that others could be a fly on the wall to my life. Ok, obviously not always but sometimes I feel so ridiculous that it would be hilarious for others to watch! Examples A, this afternoon.
After school I ran to the store then home for a bit before my Turkish lesson in the evening. I didn't have much I had to get done this afternoon but when I got home I saw that my roommate's door was closed so I decided to have a quiet afternoon instead of doing much. Somehow in my head the conversation went something like this: I saw her leave soon after school was out, her best friend's been sick, Oh no, she's sick and sleeping. This isn't like her at all, she must have come straight home and went to bed! I should be super quiet and not disturb her.
With this in mind I had the quietest, most noiseless afternoon I've had in a while, maybe ever! It's was cold and rainy so I went in the living-room, careful to close doors and keep lights low, and listened to an audiobook while I knit. It was actually really nice to just rest, relax, and watch the rain. Just before my lesson I quickly and quietly made dinner and slipped out of the apartment.
Fast forward 2 hours.
When I got home I heard Roomie going into her room. 'How're you feeling?', I asked quickly before she went back to sleep. She looked confused and asked why I would ask that. I explained that I thought she'd been closed in her room all afternoon and might have caught the illness her friend had. She said no, that she'd been out all afternoon. That's when it hit me how ridiculous I must have looked!
I'm still giggling at the thought! Can't you just picture it; girl enters apartment and for 4 hours tip-toes around carefully with barely a sound. Closing doors, turning on and off lights as minimally as possible! Hahaha people would think I'm a nut!
I hope this mental picture makes you smile, I sure got a good laugh out of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment