Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day at school

Valentine's day at school started off pretty hectic but was over all a really fun day. True I didn't get to a few of the lessons planned for that day but over all the day was better when I tossed out my plans and just enjoyed it. I wasn't planning on having a party but we kind of had one anyway. All but 1 of my students brought cards or a treat for the other students so I turned on Happy Valentine's Charlie Brown while 2 or 3 at a time they passed out valentines to each person's spot at the table. Thursday they'd decorated little envelopes to collect their valentines. 
Each child had also included a card for me. Here are some of the highlights; One of my students had painted a picture for each classmate, and me. Another had made an origami box to hold a chocolate for each person. 
A couple of students had brought a snack for the whole class so I saved the cake I'd made them for lunch. Thankfully the snow had been cleared from the basketball court so the students could run around after all the sugar and excitement. By the end of the day they were worn out! I felt a little guilty sending them to art like that. No nap + sugar + giving and receiving cards = some pretty crazy, but very happy, little people.

No comments: