Wednesday, February 11, 2015

"...And the plans are gonna' change, change, change, change, change...'

Today turned out to be a snow day for the students and a half-day for teachers! It was actually kind of nice to have time to work on things in my classroom without being interrupted by little ones, not to mention reworking my lesson plans to include the snow day (what needs to be moved to next week, what can I squeeze in tomorrow?), and the added bonus of getting to wear jeans.
We started off the morning celebrating a birthday and, 1 minute after noon, we ended our 'school day' with a snowball fight on the basketball court! The snow is sticky, perfect for snowballs. Originally the snow was supposed to stop by 8 or 9 am but it was still coming down until past 11am, all told its at least 5-6 inches!

When we finished our snowball fight some of us walked to the mall for lunch, and to run through the grocery. When I got home my shoes were so soaked I had to leave them outside the door. I quickly changed into dry clothes and warm socks and have the idea that today will be a great day to catch up some knitting, reading, and maybe a movie.

No comments: