Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Dorm Life: Drippy-drip-drip

Last week our ceiling began dripping between the ceiling and the wall. Unfortunately there wasn't a whole but the water was just seeping through the concrete. The next day it began moving to create a large spot of our ceiling and it moved closer to the light. Thankfully we were able to move my bed our of the way and my roommate an I had some bonding time as we climbed over each other to get in and out of bed, and generally attempted to move about the room. There was basically a one-person-sized strip of walking space everywhere (Unless you wanted a 'shower' over by the windows). Thankfully the dripping stopped and maintenance gave us the OK to use our light and opened the windows to let some fresh air in.
In the mean time Roomie and I had taken up residence in the lobby or library. The good thing was that we got TONS of homework done. Finally once things were dryer and simi-less musty smelling we returned the room to order but kept the windows open for another few days.
That part was actually really fun. I love sleeping with the windows open even when it's pretty chilly out. I would heat up my hot water bottle, pull up the covers to my chin, and enjoy the gentle breezes. It was wonderful!
I have learned some lesons from this though: A of all, I get way more done when I spend less time in my room. B of all, I way too many blessings to get upset over the little things, and C of all, I love sleeping with the windows open!

No comments: