Friday, April 17, 2015

Spring Break in Paris

I'm going out of order for this post but I like to be able to look back at my posts and remember events and this was definitely one I'll want to remember forever.

The week before Spring Break was full and busy ending with the Lower Elementary Easter Party (and grades being due)! Needless to say we were ready for a break. After last-minute packing and a shower I was in bed by 7:15pm. I'm finding that no matter how early you go to bed waking up at 3 am to leave for the airport is still too early, but it was Spring Break and in a few hours I would meet my parents in Paris!!!
We'd decided that I'd meet them at their hotel. I took the train and subway from the airport then walked the past few blocks. It seemed like everyone was walking incredibly slowly in front of me as I tried not to sprint down the street. I was about to see my parents!!!!!
Paris was lovely. We did lots of walking and I enjoyed seeing so many beautiful buildings.
Everywhere I looked it seemed like another great picture waiting to be captured. It was also fun to be an 'only child' for a bit. Although I missed my siblings and getting to giggle and mess with each other, it was really fun having my parents all to myself.
One of my favorite things we did was take a train out of the city a couple of hours to Ambois to visit the Cheneau chalet.
We had great food, saw beautiful sights, and enjoyed having real face-to-face time together (which, after months of FaceTime, is that much better!).

No comments: