Thursday, April 16, 2015

A Trip to Cappidocia


After a long day of whispering I hopped in the car some friends and I took a quick trip to Cappidocia for the weekend, about 3.5 hours drive away. I'd been to this area 5.5 years ago but had forgotten a lot of the specifics. 
One friend has been here many times and acted as a tour guide. She kept asking me if I'd gone here or been there and I'd say no then once we got there it began to look very familiar. It was fun to get to see things again and try out new place.
Saturday morning we took a long hike through the Rose Valley and the Red Valley. There are lots of cave houses carved in the rock and even some churches with remnants of paintings on the walls and ceilings. 
 There are very few signs and basically no rules in this are which makes it a really fun place to explore. 
We also visited an 11th century caravan stop where caravans would stay, get medical attention, mend their things, and restock their supplies. 
We climbed and hiked and took pictures.
Photo credit to Peter
You should always take a photographer with you on trips! 

No comments: