Thursday, October 30, 2014

Republic Day

In honor of Republic Day we had the day off from school. I began celebrating last night by enjoying dinner at a friend's house staying out too late playing games, watching you-tube videos, and laughing- it was well worth it. This morning I felt like I slept in very late only to look at my phone; 7:15am.
I spent a lazy morning cooking and doing things around the house then went to explore the old area of the city with some friends. We ate street food, drank tea, and did a little Christmas shopping!
We walked through steep winding streets of tiny shops selling everything from souvenirs to vacuum-cleaner bags and made our way to the old castle.
The castle is very turkish. There are no rails, no signs, no rules. I guess there's an understood 'climb at your own risk' sign attached with the whole area.
I love to see the old and new parts of the city coming together in the distance. 
Happy Republic Day for google!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

HAPPY REPUBLIC DAY!!