Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Exploring: Dolmus rides, Coffee, and a Yarn Dungeon

After a wonderful Saturday morning with friends and time to read and nap I decided I was ready for some exploring. I called a good exploring buddy who immediately got excited and said she'd stop what she was doing, "I'll meet you at the bus stop in 10 minutes!"
We didn't have a plan of where to go but got on a dolmus (bus kind of thing) and set off. We stopped at an area that was new to me but is near the universities. It was still early in the evening but lots of people were out and about walking around or enjoying coffee and a game at the many coffee shops and restaurants we passed. 
We talked, walked, enjoyed being out and about. As we were walking back towards home we stumbled upon that neighborhood's Pazzar. The pazaar closest to my part of town is open Thursdays and Sundays but this one was just closing up. People were rushing about selling things or trying to make last minute purchases.
We continued walking, keeping an eye out for the dolmus going back to our neighborhood, we passed a 'woman's store' and stopped. I say women's store because I don't know what category it belongs to. They sold the following; women's underwear, baby clothes, buttons, thread, slippers, children's socks, and yarn. 
It was the yarn that stopped us. We saw a small section of it and decided to take a look. As we looked I noticed a tiny staircase going down to the basement. There was yarn going down the wall. I 'asked' (pointed and said a few words) the man if there was more yarn down stairs. He answered by switching on the light and gesturing down the stairs. My friend whispered that this could either be really great or we might be getting abducted.
The small room at the bottom of the stairs was packed full, floor to ceiling, with yarn. I've had trouble finding yarn here but this was the jackpot! The young man working there tried not to laugh as I oohhhed and aahhed looking at each section and taking a few pictures. I was in heaven.
Jokingly I told my friend that even if we were being abducted let's face it, would it be that bad being held in a basement of yarn? 
We bought some yarn and buttons then headed home for girl's night with some other teachers. On my way out I snapped a pictures so that I can find this hidden treasure again!
(Don't worry mom, it wasn't that dangerous!)

No comments: