Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Not My Day

To say that it's 'not been my day' is a bit of an understatement. I'm reminded of Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day and I'm temped to move to Australia (ok, not really...). The root of my no-so-great day was mostly the fact that I'd stayed up too late and woke up feeling pretty crummy; sore from the work out DVD I started, head ache (please tell me I'm not addicted to caffeine!!!), tired, and generally out of sorts. Then it was a full moon last night so all the Lower Elementary bunch was pretty crazy, and because I was tired I didn't have a whole lot of patience with their antics. Also (again, my fault) I kept getting my new schedule mixed up and not explaining what was going on clearly to the kids.

By lunch I was pretty well exhausted and not in a great mood, oh right... I was on afternoon recess duty, great. Soon it was afternoon and the students were deposited to waiting moms and buses and I was free. A sweet friend had given me a chocolate bar with a note saying she hoped I had a great afternoon, it was such a sweet spot in my day. Things began to be looking up.
I got a lot done this afternoon and got home in time to whip up a batch of biscuits for my kids (snack for B week). I was feeling pretty good about myself and my baking abilities until I tasted one. They were absolutely terrible. Even my roommate, trying very hard to be nice, couldn't conceal the fact that they were horrible and my feminine and southern pride were a deflated. Apparently Baking Soda is much stronger here. I quickly washed everything and tried again. The second batch was better but I could still taste the Soda (1/4 of what was called for!). I've decided to add Berry jam to our Biscuits for a complete B week snack. Good thing I'm only serving these to 5 year olds.
No excuse me as I hurl these Soda-cake-biscuits frisbee style off my balcony to the wild dogs across the street, think I'm kidding? My roommate took a video as proof!

1 comment:

GG said...

I don't know where your story of your students logic about their tooth aches is, but I thought it was priceless. I used it as an example in the RZIM online course I am taking on apologetics. I am sure it served well as comic relief.