Tuesday, September 9, 2014

It's the Weekend!!!

Although it wasn't a bad week, by Friday afternoon I was ready to send my little charges off to waiting parents and buses and get ready for the weekend! I worked on lesson plans, organizing my classroom, and getting ready for next week all Friday afternoon with the motivation of being done and not having to go into school on the weekend. I love my job and the people I work with but it's nice to have a truly restful weekend.
Friday night a school family had all the single teachers over for dinner. They live on the top of their building and have a beautiful view of the city. We enjoyed a lovely dinner then laughed until we cried while playing Apple to Apples, we may have been more exhausted than we thought.
Saturday was nearly perfect. I had the apartment to myself in the morning and I enjoyed a quiet morning getting laundry done, knitting, and listening to a sermon online.
In the afternoon I went down town with some friends for turkish waffles. We ended up walking around for a while after looking for a bookstore. We ended up finding two really great ones that had a large selection of books in English. It was fun browsing through the titles as they weren't all American books but a good mix of English books from all over. I may have to go back there again soon.
As we were on the bus going home it began to rain. It was wonderful.After weeks and weeks of 90 degree weather it was so nice to be cooling off. It got harder as I got off the bus and by the time I was in my apartment my pant legs were soaked. I smiled as I changed into sweat pants and opened all the windows and balcony doors to let in the sounds, smell, and cool breeze that came with the rain.
I ended the day curled up happily reading, drinking tea and enjoying the new weather.

No comments: