After school Friday a friend and I decided to brave the hair salon for hair cuts. We needed them badly and kept putting it off. We asked the Turkish receptionist at school to write down what we wanted and we headed off with out 'hair-cut prescriptions'.
Once we arrived I decided I really liked the style of the lady's hair who was just leaving so I edited my 'prescription' so include layers like hers. G found a picture in a magazine she liked, while waiting and asked the stylist to cut hers according but NOT to cut any length. He kept asking in turkish if he could cut more off and making faces when she said no.
In the end we both had shorter hair than we'd hoped but really like each other's styles. I think we'll grow to like our own too, in a day or two.
In turkey they have 2 men working at the salon but only 1 cuts and the other assists. They cut one head at a time but are pretty quick. While I was waiting for G and trying to get used to my new cut I fixed it and snapped some pictures.
When I took this one the stylist said, in English 'Ohh, selfie!'. Hahah yes, I had to take a quick selfie for yall here ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment