Things are finally starting to settle into a summer feel. My sisters and I are all finished with school, graduations have been attended (Did I mention we had two in one day?) , my summer job is feeling more normal and familiar, everyone's moved back home, and the pool's open for business! Also my birthday's just a few days away. Right now I'm really looking forward to the days ahead.
It's so nice to have time to do things that I don't make time for during the year. Here are some of the things I hope to do this summer.
- Bible study: I love my Bible study at my church and it's always a highlight of my summer to be back with them in fellowship and studying each week.
- Read: Sadly I never make much time to read, other than for school, during the year. This summer I hope to change that. I love a good story, any suggestions?
- Bless others: This is one of my continued prayers for my life but especially during the summer when I have more time to do so. Instead of just enjoying myself and relaxing, I hope to spend time blessing others and showing God's love to others.
- Sing: Another highlight of my summers is getting to again sing with my church choir. Though I'm much younger than most of the other members I genuinely enjoy them during practice each week and as we sing on Sundays. I really miss them (and singing) when I'm away at school.
- Exercise: Recently I've been running. It's kinda a new thing in my life but I'm enjoying it and hope to keep it up during the summer. It's kind of hard to do since it'll be close to 100 degrees most days but hopefully I'll be able to get back in shape this summer. After being sick and not working out until the last two weeks of the semester I have some getting back in shape to do.
Ok, so maybe that's a bit more information than you were looking for but right now I'm content and in a happy and hopeful place. I'm looking forward to the summer and all the adventures and lessons it holds. What are you planning on doing with this summer? I'd love to get some more ideas!
No comments:
Post a Comment