Wednesday, May 9, 2012

First day of fruit-cutter work

Today was my first day of work for my summer job at a fruit store. It was a great day but now I'm exhausted! I started at 8 am and was so busy until the time I left I didn't even realize that I hadn't taken a break for over 7 hours!! I was busy washing and cutting up fruit and sorting strawberries that I didn't really notice my sore legs and feet until I finally stopped.
Now, after a nap on the couch and choir practice, I feel their pain loud and clear... Oh well, It's been a good day. First day of work, I was able to sing with my church choir that I've missed so much while away at school, and a great run afterwards with perfect weather!
I haven't realized until recently how good a stress reliever running is. I've always told myself I hated running and until about a month or two ago I never did it. Today it just seemed like it would feel nice about such a long time standing in one place to run around. It did, now I'm ready for an early night, some time with my pillow, and more fruit cutting in the morning!

No comments: