Thursday, April 12, 2012

Praying for the campus.

Tonight my mind if full of prayers for my fellow students here on campus. Everyone seems to be getting sick or hurt!
Over Easter holiday I received a text asking for prayer for one of my ST Sisters who was having an awful reaction to a vaccine she'd gotten. Even after almost a week things still aren't looking too good for her.
Tonight I was bombarded by more injuries. I went to an inter-mural soccer game tonight and within the first 15 minutes two guys collided, head on. The result was two trips to the ER. The result of that, last I heard, was a stitched up eyelid for one and possible staples in the other's head!
I was only able to stay till half time when I had to run over to a meeting. One my way over I saw that a student, who has a history of some medical conditions, had passed out and was being cared for my paramedics. Once I got to the meeting I was informed that a freshman had been in a bad car wreck and was in ICU. Though the name sounded familiar I didn't realize until later that I knew her and had talked to her just a day or two ago!
I guess all this certainly shows how frail these temporary bodies are. It is such a relief to know the one who holds our life and who can heal these broken bodies- inside and out.

2 comments:

Sara Campbell said...

You are so darling!!!! We got our package!!!! Photos on my blog soon!!!!

Missy said...

YAY!!!! I'm so glad it arrived!!!