
Wow, I've already gotten to the end of my 1st year of college. In many ways it seems like just yesterday that I was meeting my roommate and moving in now everything in again packed up but this time going the other way. My last final is in a little while but thankfully it's a pretty easy one. I don't know how I'd manage a touch exam, packing, and goodbyes all the same day. Erin, my roommate, left Saturday to head home so 1/2 of my room has been quite sad since then. Now it's all boxes and bags waiting to be packed up after my exam. I keep checking and double checking drawers, closet shelves, and the shower and I think I've got it all together.
Leaving my dear friends for the summer hadn't really hit me until last night. As my friends were up helping move book cases and futons I realized what special friends I have. I come to love them and cant wait to see them again in August. I'm looking forward to being home with my family and friends in Memphis but dread all the goodbyes that are coming. I've come to the conclusion that no, goodbyes don't get any easier. Where ever I live then leave I seem to leave a piece of my heart as well. But I also have realized that I must enjoy the memories and the good times and the neat thought that I have so many people who love me all over the world. Oh, and take full advantage of Skype ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment