
There are certain things that I never knew just how much I liked it until I was with out for a while. One of these revelations was my love for Oreos. I'd always liked them but until I lived in a country with out them, I never really thought about them much. Now I LOVE them!!!!! One of my 1st days back in America I went to my dad's Office's Christmas party. After lunch, mingling and a gift exchange, I was walking out with my sister when I saw it. A whole plate of american Oreos. I stopped,' Betsy!! There're america Oreos over there!!! Can I have one?!!?!?" She looked at me like I was crazy... " 'american'?!?!? Yeah, just stop being weird and get a cookie".
She didn't really understand and I guess most of you reading this is the states wont get this either, but you who don't live here, I hope you understand. Though I've adjusting back into US life pretty quickly there are still certain things that I hope I never take for granted again. 'American Oreos', Ice, "non-blow-dried hair*, To this day I till get too excited over a plate of oreos. Just the other day, during rush parties, I walked into the room and got SO much happier when I saw a bowl of oreos. Maybe I like them because they're great, but i think I also like them because they remind me of such happy times; WATTZ, my old church, friends I miss..... These things always remind me of a happy time in life when, though i was without these, I had SO many blessings.
*Sara, That's for you ;)
1 comment:
Ha ha! Loved it. Eat an Oreo for me! I hear they have Halloween ones out. That's just wrong, makin' all those flavors for ya'll when we can't even get a plain one. :)
Post a Comment