
I love being home this time of year. Yesterday, after classes and getting a flu shot, fall break, for me, officially started. I hit the rode and was home by 4. After a nap I wandered out to find my little sister sitting on the screen porch studying. I sat in one of the big white rockers and looked over the back yard. It was beautiful. The trees (not quite turned but I imagined), the smells, the cool breeze blowing.... It was only then that I realized why I was so happy about being at home during this time of year. Last year during all the leaf changing, light jacket, not cold or hot weather I wasn't here. I hadn't seen fall in Memphis in 2 years! I guess for some of you that's nothing because you haven't seen fall in the US in years and years but probably you too can remember the feeling of missing fall in america for the first time.
No comments:
Post a Comment