Sunday, October 10, 2010

Follies pt.1

As I think I've mentioned before, my school doesn't have a greek system but their own sort of frats and sororities called Clubs (for guys) and Tribes (for girls). One big part of rushing these is Follies. Follies is a skit competition between all the pledges from the different groups. Each Club and Tribe practice for weeks and weeks on a 10 minute skit that is supposed to stay a big surprise until the night of Follies.
My Tribe has been practicing 3 hours every night for about a month now. It's been tough juggling homework, sleep (or lack there of), and practice but it's also lots of fun. It's also been a great way to get to know the other pledges and actives and get to dance again. Though the actives aren't in the show they wrote the script, choreographed it, taught it to us each night. I cant tell you the plot of our skit -because it's a BIG secret- But I can tell you that it's going to be really neat. Even if we don't come in 1st the long practices wont have been for nothing. I've gotten to meet some great girls and get to know other friends better.
The end of follies will be rather bitter sweet. Bitter because we wont get to see each other and hang out every night but sweet because I'll acutally be able to see other friends and..... sleep at night!!!!!! That hasn't happened in a while....

** I'll try to get some pictures posted of us in costume soon. Follies isn't quite over yet so more to come on this!

No comments: