Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Wonderful Weekend

This weekend I went home to see my family. It was so nice seeing them. Saturday most of the sisters went with Daddy to Oxford and Momma and I ran errands around town. Neither Mom nor I really enjoy shopping and I get very burnt out if I'm looking for something and have a deadline. So looking for shoes for formal which is in a week wasn't really great fun but I enjoyed spending the day with my mom. After going to; 4 shoe stores, the grocery, Hobby Lobby, Blockbuster, visit grandmother, lunch for mom and a cookie for me (the only way I got through shoe-shopping) , we went back home to back.
I have access to a kitchenette at school but it's rather a hassle to cook in (also usually it smells) so I've missed cooking a lot. Mom wanted to make something for me to take back with me and I've been dying to make a batch of sticky buns. So we began cooking. latter that night the house smelled great, the kitchen was surprisingly clean and Momma and I were watching "Roman Holiday". In the kitchen were 2 sweet-tea pies, roasted almonds, a hump-cake, and a pan of sticky buns.
As I enjoyed being with at home with my momma, watching a movie, a pot of hot tea and a fresh-from-the-oven sticky bun I realized how much I love being home. I don't want anyone to think I'm homesick because I really haven't been at all this semester, but I am a homebody and like being at home with my family.
Thank you Mom, Dad, B, Seb, and Ruthie for so much fun, laughter and an altogether happy weekend. I'll miss you all until Thanksgiving!

No comments: