Friday, September 17, 2010

Favorite Class?

I'm really enjoying my classes this semester. One or 2 aren't my favorites but none are too too awful. One Class that would probably come in close 1st to being my favorite, if i had to choose, would be Art Appreciation. It's required for my major and when I 1st signed up for it I though ' great, this is going to be pretty boring looking at old art and having to remember all the different names, dates, styles'. But it's not boring at all! Though we do learn about the different styles and artists we also get to do really fun projects. A few weeks ago we did one representing out family and things about ourself. ( check one of my earlier post for pictures). Last week we did a 'lines project' and got to draw anything we wanted using the different types of lines we learned about. I'm really enjoying being able to draw.
I love art but never really take the time to sit down and draw a picture. Now it's 'homework'!!
Today we started our 'smiley project' which basically consists of turning 9 circles into different kinds of smiley faces. So far I've only finished 2 but they're so much fun and beat studying history, government and Nutrition any day!
Favorite class? yes, I think so.

No comments: