Sunday, September 12, 2010

Rush Skits


For part of rush here they have two nights of Rush skits. Rushees dress up to watch them but aren't told what to dress as until 12a, the night before when an invitation is slipped under the door. This year the themes were: Masked ball, Favorite school supply, Super hero and Redneck. They were so much fun to dress up for.
For the last night-redneck- I was completely out of my element. I wore a pair of boy's camo cargo shorts from walmart and tank tops and my hair in a messy ponytail pull through. I haven't felt so unfeminine in...well ever. 12 year old boys, though our waist may be close to the same, measurements everywhere else are completely different. Though I did enjoy having all the pockets to put stuff in I was ready to get out of those and into something pink pretty fast. I'm not sure what to do with those shorts now. I contemplated making them into a skirt but probably not..... In reality they'll probably stay in my bottom draw until another event requires them. They were kinda fun.... but after one night in them i'll be good for a nothing LONG time before venturing back into the Walmart boy's section.

1 comment:

Sara Campbell said...

Adorable and I can totally see you turning the shorts into a skirt. That's so you!